Re: MIPS R3230?

Subject: Re: MIPS R3230?
From: Harald Koerfgen <>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:10:24 +0100 (MET)
Hi Warner,

On 27-Oct-98 Warner Losh wrote:
> I do have one specific question that doesn't appear to be in the
> hardware reference.  Can someone help me on where to find the entry
> points to the MIPS ROM/firmware?  I've not been able to find a vector
> table or anything like that in my hunting trought the hardware
> reference manual.

>From what I have been able to find out, the PROM entry points for MIPS ROMs
>and the
PMAX PROMS (DS2100/DS3100) are pretty much the same. In that case you might
want to
have a look at arch/mips/dec/boot/prom.h and whichprom.c available in
linux-2.1.121-r3000.tar.gz from

If your MIPS Box is R3000 based you should use this source tree anyway because
R3000 changes aren't part of the official Linux/MIPS source tree yet.

Hope this helps.