RE: Console problems?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: Console problems?
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:31:53 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi Matt,

On 20-Oct-98 Matt Foster wrote:
> Thanks to Richard for all your help so far....
>
> The thing is now booting , (with initrd) well almost.
> The last couple of messages are :
>

> VFS : Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
> Freeing unused kernel memory : 40k freed
> Stan
>
> And then it hangs.  I guess this is the standalone shell kicking in?

That's absolutely correct. Unfortunately your machine won't get any further.
This
particular bug has been identified and fixed, but there remain to be bugs in
drivers/tc/zs.h. At least my DS5000/240 shows "Stand-alo" and then hangs.

Please apply the attached patch to zs.c. The bug appeared to be a

        save_flags(flags); cli();
        request_irq(...);
        restore_flags(flags);

construction.

> Any ideas?

Well, to be honest, not at the moment :-).

Happy hacking.
---
Regards,
Harald