Re: Port for NEC RiscServer 2200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Port for NEC RiscServer 2200
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:50:06 -0600
Cc: schwim@earthlink.net, todd.vohs@gecits.ge.com
In message <NBBBJFJJAOMBGCDOHILJOEJKDHAA.toddmvohs@uswest.net> "Todd M. Vohs"
writes:
: I've got a dual processor NEC RiscServer 2200 that I'd like to get Linux
: running on.  I have downloaded and successfully ran the milo files.  Now I
: need to know where I can actually get a usable port from, and some
: directions on how to install it to my system.  Can you help?

First, modify milo[1] to grok the NEC RiscServer.  Next, modify Linux
to grok the NEC RiscServer.  Boot. :-)

Alternatively, find someone else to do the port for you.  Where are
you located?  I'm in Boulder Colorado if you are looking for someone
local.

Warner

[1] or the new boot blocks that are being worked on.