Missing set?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Missing set?
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:15:10 -0400 (EDT)
Looking at int-handler.S the code testing the CAUSE register($12) against
the STATUS register($13).  It only processes if both bits in the
two registers are set.  Somehow the clock is being set in the STATUS
register and I am getting hardware interrupts - which is a good sign.

After having looked for about an hour for where the STATUS register is
set, I seem to be unable to find where that happens.  In the case
of the dz driver, I believe that the kernel is generating interrupts, but
because the STATUS register is not set, the kernel is ignoring these
interrupts.

I would think the STATUS register should be set in request_irq - but
it isn't.

Where is the code that sets the STATUS bit for the clock?  and in general
for irqs?

Am I totally missing the mark here?

-Tom
Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.