Re: get_mmu_context()

Subject: Re: get_mmu_context()
From: Rik van Riel <>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:45:45 +0000 (/etc/localtime)
Cc: Vladimir Roganov <>,,,,
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 wrote:

> Ok, here is a draft version of an agressively optimized version of
> get_mmu_context().  I just didn't like the idea of referencing
> global variables in get_mmu_context() if avoidable.  The code below
> will work on both R3000 and R4000 with no performance penalty for
> being generic.  The trick is to patch the operands of two machine
> instructions at runtime, shoot me.

ROFL! No offense to the code, I'm sure it works, but
this just _has_ to be the funniest piece of source
code to appear on the lists this month...

Self-modifying code -- this is so much fun :)

> extern inline void r3000_asid_setup(void)
> extern inline void r4xx0_asid_setup(void)

Very nice Ralf... My compliments on this piece
of code -- I can only imagine the amount of
phantasy and inspiration that was needed to
create it...

| Linux memory management tour guide. |
| Scouting Vries cubscout leader. |