Re: Unsuccesful trying to run Linux on RM200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Unsuccesful trying to run Linux on RM200
From: Aleksandr Konstantinov <akonstantinov@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 12:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
---ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> Both little endian and big endian mode of the RM use
>the ARC firmware.
> In little endian mode the ARC firmware behaves like a >Magnum etc.,
that
> is it tries to read it's OS from a FAT partition.  In >big endian mode
> the machine behaves like a true MIPS machine, that is >they seem to be
> using the ``MIPS disk volume header'' just like IRIX. >

   Excuse me for newbie question, but how to switch
to that litle endian mode?
   Or maybe there is MILO for big endian mode ?
  Unfortunately we have no Linux here and can't use
any crosscompiler to recompile MILO or VMLINUX
for big endian.
   Does kernel use any bios code or need no
firmware after switching to litle endian ?
   How to make 'MIPS disk volume header' ?

                                           A.K.