Re: DECstation-Linux is dead, long live Linux-R3000!

To: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation-Linux is dead, long live Linux-R3000!
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:22:00 +0200
On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 09:23:21PM +0200, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> ecgs-1.0.2. I'll investigate using the ecgs comiler because I think that this
> will become the official Linux/MIPS compiler. Ralf, any comments on that?

Yes, I'm already playing with the -msplit-addresses optimization that doesn't
work with gcc 2.7.2.  Anyway, the FSF style of managing gcc development moved
gcc into a dead corner, so egcs is the way to go.  The next reason to got
with egcs is the fact that RH does the same for all architectures except
Intel.