Re: Unsuccesful trying to run Linux on RM200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Unsuccesful trying to run Linux on RM200
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:51:04 +0200
On Mon, Oct 05, 1998 at 02:27:05PM +0200, Michael Engel wrote:
> Over the weekend I started to hack on a standalone fdisk/mke2fs tool for
> the RM200 based on MILO sources. As Ralf and Thomas decided that MILO is
> dead now I'm interested what the new bootloader will look like ...

:-)) We don't need an extra bootloader. With only minor hacks I got a
kernel for my Olli, which boots directly from the ARC firmware.

The only problem, which we probably have to face, are ARC firmware bugs.
For example the RM200 loads executables off by 4 bytes to memory:-( But
that's IMHO a small price for not having to maintain milo.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)