Re: CE revisited

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: CE revisited
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 01:00:20 -0600
In message <36107C61.D19164DA@ivs.com> James Douma writes:
: I guess I misspoke then.  I got the impression from your earlier message
: that you had acquired a discontinued unit.  Does the MobilePro then use
: the Vr4111 (like the Velo that you were previously considering?)

The MobilePro 400 is a discontinued unit.  It uses the Vr4101 and a
fairly common PCMCIA chip that I've lost track of the name of.  The
MobilePro 700 and 750 are still being made (and the 750 is the new
color full sized keyboard version).  The 700 series has the Vr4111 CPU
in them, which is very similar to the Vr4101 from a software point of
view.

The Caseo Cassepea(sp) E-xx series uses the Vr4111.  As does the
Everex A-xx series.  Compaq's offerings are supposed to have this as
well.

The Velo uses a SH-4 CPU.  The Philip's Nano uses their R3990
chipset.  There are a couple of others that use this chipset, but I
can't recall them off the top of my head.

Do you have a pointer for that qualcomm thing?

Warner