Re: CE revisited

Subject: Re: CE revisited
From: James Douma <>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 06:21:21 +0000
I guess I misspoke then.  I got the impression from your earlier message
that you had acquired a discontinued unit.  Does the MobilePro then use
the Vr4111 (like the Velo that you were previously considering?)

Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <> James Douma writes:
> : Ugh!  Seems like a low return on investment to me.
> Why?
> : Why not choose a platform that has more future so that others could join
> : in?  (Check out Qualcomm's just announced pdQ).
> There are litterally 10 different CE machines that have been released
> that have the MIPS processor in them that the MobilePro 400 has in
> it.  Once it is ported there, the newer processors should be a piece
> of cake.
> Bootstrapping is still a SOB, however.
> Warner

James Douma - Manager, Advanced Technology Programs
Interactive Voice Systems          ph: 626.256.3123
fx: 626.256.3197  pg: 818.297.3058