DECstation-linux-2.1.116 bug report

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DECstation-linux-2.1.116 bug report
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:15:00 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi all,

here's a short summary of bug reports I have received plus a little hacking of
mine:

o When Framebuffer support and PROM Console support are enabled,
drivers/video/promcon.c will be compiled wich is SUN specific. Workaround: Do
not enable Framebuffer support.

o Typo in arch/mips/dec/serial.c. Doesn't harm. Will be fixed in 2.1.121.

o Changes in include/asm-mips/stackframe.h do not work for R4x00 CPUs, kernel
hangs. Possible workaround: replace stackframe.h with the one from 2.1.100.
Karel van Houten <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com> is investigating this.

o Changes in arch/mips/kernel/r2300_misc.S prevent correct handling of TLB
misses when switching to user mode. The Kernel hangs trying to execute /bin/sh.
Workaround: change #undef NOTLB_OPTIMIZE to #define NOTLB_OPTIMIZE.

o Spurious interrupts. I have a wbflush routine working here, which will be
included in 2.1.121. Affects *only* IOASIC machines. DS2300, DS5100 and
DS5000/200 should work.

o There are some directories missing in the source tree and "make dep" doesn't
work correctly. Workaround: do a "make dep clean netboot" every time you compile
a new kernel.

I will not put out any patches to 2.1.116 because I am already working on
2.1.121 which will fix these bugs anyway. If you have further bug reports or
other patches, please feel free to send them to me.

Happy hacking.
---
Regards,
Harald