DECstation (mips) Linux port status

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DECstation (mips) Linux port status
From: Marc Evans <marc@synergy.destek.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 15:39:01 -0400
Hello -

I am thinking about breathing some life into a pile (yes, literally, a pile
of 8) DECstation systems I have here. As I look that the various WWW pages,
it seems that linux-mips for the DECstation systems stopped being developed
back in mid 1997. Am I mistaken?

In your opinion, since I am not married to any particular OS, if my goal
was to be a participant in whichever of OpenBSD, NetBSD, or Linux, that
is the most active in supporting the DECstation systems, where would you
suggest that I focus (yes, I realize readers of this are likely biased).

Thanks in advance - Marc
Marc Evans                            WB1GRH      The Destek Networking Group
E-Mail: Marc@Destek.NET                           One Indian Head Plaza
MIME-1.0 & Enriched-Text mail accepted            603 594 9630 (V) 598 8864 (F)
PGP-2.6 key available upon request                WAN & Internet Services
PGP-2.6 Fingerprint:  20 7C A2 DB 17 B2 21 80  47 AA B9 CD D9 DE 31 CC
       The XFree86[tm] Project, Inc. Industry Liason <Marc@XFree86.Org>