DECstation-linux-2.1.116

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DECstation-linux-2.1.116
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 22:05:37 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: (Niklaus Keller) <keller@eichler.math-lab.unibas.ch>
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi,

beeing frustrated hacking a serial device driver for the DECstation Z85C30 I
have merged the DECstation stuff with the latest Linux/MIPS source tree.

I am currently uploading it and when everything goes alright,
linux-2.1.116-dec.tar.gz can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/test/

Although the Z85C30 driver is as flaky as before a considerable amount of things
have changed:

o A DZ11 driver is included as in the snapshot from September 5th. This
includes Thomas' latest patch. I have cleaned up things a little bit and it is
now safe to enable DZ11, Z85C30 and PROM console support all together. I
haven't tested all possible combinations so this may need some cleanup :-).
Support for DS5000/200 added.

o asm-mips/dec cleanup.

o Temporary serving of spurious interrupts. (This will go away when my serial
device driver becomes stable).

o The latest DECstation LANCE driver with a paranoia check added.
If anybody finds out how to compute the checksum of the ethernet station address
prom this should be added as well.

o A preliminary merge with Gleb's and Vladimir's R3000 changes. Gleb and
Vladimir, I'd appreciate very much if you had a look at this.

I have tested 2.1.116 on my DS5K/133. Any feedback from other machines is
welcome.

Have fun.
---
Regards,