Re: MIPS HOWTO / FAQ

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MIPS HOWTO / FAQ
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:33:13 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi all,

On 16-Sep-98 Richard van den Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
>
>> since nobody else does (hint, hint ...) I started to rework the MIPS FAQ.
>> Attached the first very incomplete version.  As of this version the
>> FAQ is now written using the Linux SGML tools.  I append a text version
>> generated with sgml2txt.  Comments, additional text etc. apreciated.
>> I'm especially thinking of the DECstation people but not only.
>
> As I'm pretty DECstation only minded I make a start with that section
> and post it in this group. Think we all prefer hacking. :-).

At least I do :-). Anyway, I am willing to help as much as I can. Ralf, what do
you think about putting the HOWTO into the CVS repository so that the
Linux/MIPS developers have access to it?

> How about the location
> of the kernelsource, for DECstations at least I'm using the source
> from http://decstation.unix-ag.org/, how is that related to other
> architectures? I guess locations is something that has to be worked out.

That question is easy to answer. Once Gleb, Vladimir and I have agreed on the
R3000 specific code I will commit the whole stuff to the CVS repository and we
will have only one location.

---
Regards,
Harald