RE: /dev/console

To: "Koerfgen, Harald -- Harald Koerfgen" <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: /dev/console
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:11:53 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Harald,

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> After experiencing these Bus Errors I tracked these down to the situation
> that:
>
> a) An interrupt has occured. Otherwise the interrupt handler wouldn't have
> been
> called.
>
> b) The interrupt status in CP0_STATUS is 0 (zero)!
>
> c) The interrupt status register in the IOASIC shows a serial interrupt
> pending.

DECstations indeed handle interrupts in there own particular way... Above
made me thinking and researching and I came down to the system support
register. What if that's still in the power up state? The only reference
in code I can find about it is in include/asm-mips/dec/kn02ba.h. Well a
grep at KN02BA_SSR_ADDR and 040100 in de kernel code tree the only DEC
relevant file that shows up is the aforementioned one.

Regards,

Richard