RE: /dev/console

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: /dev/console
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:46:37 -0400 (EDT)
I've narrowed down my problem to the dz driver - dz_write routine -
Its actually being called with the correct text...

(This is after cludging line 0 to point to line 3 in all cases
  - that one I can undo once I can see something working)

The full text I believe (It scrolls off the screen pretty quick)
should say something like:
Static Shell Version 1.0.

I'm getting that printed out of printk routines - unfortunately
not over the serial device /dev/console.  I'm in the process of
testing through to figure out which of the variables I haven't
defined correctly.

And somehow I believe my printks are getting in the way - I haven't
quite figured out how to turn off the hardware interrupts yet.

Although I have to admit that its flaky at the moment to get that out.

-Tom Riemer

Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.