RE: /dev/console

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: /dev/console
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 19:00:38 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi all,

On 13-Sep-98 Thomas Riemer wrote:
> This helps significantly.... sys_open tells me that /bin/sh is
> opening /dev/ttyS0   - aside from my console being on /dev/ttys03 -
> I would have expected hello world to open /dev/ttyS00
> Not /dev/ttyS0.
[rest snipped]

The hello world program is also causing other problems. I have uploaded a
new ramdisk image containing a statically linked stand alone shell as /bin/sh.
It can be downloaded via http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-koerfgha/ramdisk.img.

This shell does not only use stdin/stdout for it's output, but cures the
strange locked buffers problem as well.

Unfortunately I am still fighting with the Z8530 so I cannot tell if the shell
really works, at least it prints a message and seems to wait for input.

Maybe you'll have more luck, Tom.

Have fun.
---
Regards,