RE: /dev/console

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: /dev/console
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 10:34:18 -0400 (EDT)
This helps significantly.... sys_open tells me that /bin/sh is
opening /dev/ttyS0   - aside from my console being on /dev/ttys03 -
I would have expected hello world to open /dev/ttyS00
Not /dev/ttyS0.
                                                    ^
Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

FYI - it turns out you can define your console device number by
setting the device field in struct console to the appropriate device
number.   This kind of strange knowledge is what happens when
you read the code.  You also need to define console.flags
as CON_CONSDEV | CON_PRINTBUFFER.