Re: /dev/console

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: /dev/console
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 12:04:52 +0200 (MET DST)
On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Thomas Riemer wrote:

> So've gotten the dz code to tell me that it thinks that it has opened
> the /dev/console device.

Nice work!

> In fact at this point, it goes all the way to trying to execute init -
> what do I have to do to get the kernel to execute the "hello" world
> program?  What's the patch that I need to give it - or what do command
> line do I have to give the kernel?

I'll bet the program is on the ramdiskimage and to make the kernel
boot this the kernel needs 'boot=/dev/ram' as option. For example my
DECstations boot with:
boot 3/tftp -a boot=/dev/ram.

You can check and play around with the ramdisk image contents following
Haralds instructions on decstation.unix-ag.org.

Succes!

Richard