Re: DECstation-Linux patch

Subject: Re: DECstation-Linux patch
From: Richard van den Berg <>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:20:40 +0200 (MET DST)
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> Fellow MIPS hackers,

> o A working serial device driver for Z8530 based DECstations. Only having
> serial console and /dev/console on the same line doesn't work, yet. I've
> mapped
> /dev/ttyS0 to the serial port #2. If you want to see the "Hello World"
> message,
> connect a terminal to #2. This will not work on maxines.

That's why I got myself a 5k/133! With a PMAGB-B and a floppy drive and
a 19" mono screen.:-) So there are two beasts here to run Linux on.

> o PROM console is now a config option.

Choosing that option makes the linker unhappy linking the kernel, to many
references to rs_init, that's something else than a undefined one. :-)

Keep up the good work!