Mips Linux

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Mips Linux
From: Brian Watson <bwatson@acclaim.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 12:27:10 -0500

I am interested in doing a port of linux to the Nintendo 64. I currently develop games for it but I also like playing around with the machine as well. At some point, part of the Nintendo hacker scene is going to produce an ISA interface for it which would open up a whole lot of facilities to inter-network the machine. I also intend to provide native access to the systems resources such as the RSP/RDP core for rendering and sound generation.

I wonder if you could point me in the right direction within the source code to write the ISR routines, video rendering, keyboard I/O which will be done through the joypad ports and filesystem (which would be done using DMA transfers from cartridge memory) or via nfs over a network card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brian Watson. biscuit@bga.com; bwatson@acclaim.net