DECstation-Linux patch

To:, (Niklaus Keller) <>
Subject: DECstation-Linux patch
From: Harald Koerfgen <>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 21:13:04 +0200 (MEST)
Fellow MIPS hackers,

due to popular demand I've made a snapshot of my current source tree available.
It can be downloaded from

and includes patch-090598 and a new ramdisk.img. The patch is against a clean

o cache managment reworked. The last bit of non-GPLed code is gone.

o some fixes

o A working serial device driver for Z8530 based DECstations. Only having
serial console and /dev/console on the same line doesn't work, yet. I've mapped
/dev/ttyS0 to the serial port #2. If you want to see the "Hello World" message,
connect a terminal to #2. This will not work on maxines.

o A (at least I hope so) working serial device driver for DS2/3100. Thanks to
Olivier Lebaillif and Thomas Riemer!

o A skeleton for a LANCE device driver. The Ehernet Station Address is properly
displayed. Thanks to Richard van den Berg!

o PROM console is now a config option.

Have fun.