RE: Irqs

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: Irqs
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:40:20 -0400 (EDT)
Here's my suggestion - just like you have dec_rtc_base defined
in setup.c - how about adding dec_lance_base to setup.c
We set it with default values there
We make sure the TurboChannel stuff kicks in before the declance
driver kicks in ....

That means that the lance driver would simply use dec_rtc_base
and dec_lance_base and would not have to know about what
kind of machine it was running on at all.

The TurboChannel stuff would be responsible for changing dec_lance_base
to the appropriate slot number address for the ethernet device.

-Tom

Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.