Re: DC7085

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DC7085
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:30:55 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: olivier.lebaillif@ifrsys.com
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi all,

On 29-Aug-98 Thomas Riemer wrote:
> Any hints as to where to start with the DC7085 serial driver - i.e
> does anyone know what's the "closest" serial driver code out there?
>
> -Tom

Olivier Lebaillif <olivier.lebaillif@ifrsys.com> has done some work on a DZ
serial device driver:

On 03-Jul-98 Olivier A. D. Lebaillif wrote on linux-mips@fnet.fr:

[...]
> I started to work on a device driver for DECStations to support the DZ
> chipset not too long ago. I reached a point in the development where I
> have a "working" base for my device driver but I would like to get
> inputs from other developers on what direction to take for the support
> of the DZ chipset.
[...]

And here is a part of a message, Olivier mailed to me (hope you don't mind,
Olivier):

On 08-Jul-98 Olivier A. D. Lebaillif wrote:

[...]
> My driver seems fairely stable (as much as I can tell...) we might try
> to use it.
[...]

Unfortunately Olivier seems to be very busy, because I haven't heard anything
from him since then.
---
Regards,
Harald