Re: DC7085

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DC7085
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:22:39 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi Thomas,

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Thomas Riemer wrote:

> Also the documentation for the AMD C-LANCE driver posted on the
> web site - will that documentation serve adequately for the AMD LANCE
> driver?  It looks like it would - but before I spend time reading dry
> documentation - maybe someone could give a yeah or nay.

Short answer: yeah. :-)

Well, Miguel doesn't mention the book in his sunlance.c, but he
might as well had it beside him writing the driver. After reading the
AMD book I doubt you have any questions regarding the Am79C90 chip,
aka C-LANCE. C-LANCE is an enhanced LANCE (Am7990 chip) pin-for-pin
equivalent. A table and 4 pages describe the enhancements.

Regards,

Richard