Re: [English] I have an old DECstation 5000 and want to run Linux/MIPS

To: "Bryan J. Smith" <bjs@crc.com>
Subject: Re: [English] I have an old DECstation 5000 and want to run Linux/MIPS ...
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:48:09 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Interested in any help you can give me in finding out if I can run
> Linux/MIPS on this system.  It is a U.S. government owned system that

At the moment Linux MIPS is only able to boot, have a look at
http://decstation.unix-ag.org/ and
http://www.inter.nl.net/users/schnecke/html/mips/ for details.

> has outlived its usefulness.  But we hope it would make a great
> X-terminal (if supported) or basic terminal.  Otherwise, it goes in the
> U.S. government surplus bin.

NetBSD runs on DECstations and I used my 5000/25 as a X terminal using
NetBSD, nowadays I reboot it with Linux test kernels so often that I'll
wait till Linux runs useful on it. :-)

Regards,

Richard