Re: Hello World!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hello World!
From: Harald Koerfgen <hkoerfg1@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:22:36 -0400
Hi all,

Richard van den Berg wrote:

> Yes! Well, I've downloaded 2.1.118 and found out that the MIPS DECstation
> related code was outdated and to make a long story short: I didn't get
> compiling any further then init... I still can look at the framebuffer
> code that's officially included since 2.1.107.

The DECstation related code isn't in the official source tree and it's
even not commited to main Linux/MIPS CVS repository. In my opinion it
makes sense to wait until the R3000 specific code is merged with Gleb's
and Vladimirs R3000 patches. What do you think? Gleb, Vladimir, any
opinions?

> Should I mail you my little patch - < 10k? How about a TURBOchannel
> configuration entry? Well, I still have some bedtime reading stuff
> too. :-)

Do you mean the Lance driver skeleton? I have already downloaded that
and put it in the DECstation source tree :-) :-).

Regards,
Harald