Serial Console on DECStation 5000/120

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Serial Console on DECStation 5000/120
From: "James A. Jacocks" <jjacocks@helix.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:56:22 -0400 (EDT)
I have a DS5000/120 with a PMAGB-BA, a Wyse 30 terminal, and a null modem
cable connecting the two (plugged into the DS's 3 serial port).  However,
I am completely unable to make the DS use the terminal as its console.  I
have tried removing the framebuffer, setenving the console to s, and many
other things.  Any ideas?

BTW, my serial parms are 9600,n,8,1,hardware.  However, I think I've also
tried XON/XOFF.

Thanks!

(BTW, the reason that I post this to a Linux list is that this is a prereq
for me loading Linux, as Icurrently have no monitor.)