Mips Linux

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Mips Linux
From: Dan Baker <dbaker@illuminetSS7.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:21:14 -0700
Sender: dbaker@illuminetSS7.com
You asked for e-mail if I have a MIPS box I would be interested in
running Linux on. I am buying an SGI Iris Indigo (R3000) that has Irix
5.1 installed. I looked at SGI to see what an upgrade to 5.3 would cost.
it would cost more than I'm paying for the computer, and wouldn't even
include a compiler!

I'm not a programmer, but I am a UNIX support person. I have been using
and supporting (fixing) UNIX systems for years. I currently work for a
telecomm company supporting software on HP 9000 systems. The extent of
my programming experience is building new kernels for BSD and Solaris
systems.

Thanks,
Dan Baker