Re: Debugging emacs

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Debugging emacs
From: Olivier Galibert <galibert@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:02:37 +0200
On Wed, Aug 19, 1998 at 11:51:42PM +0200, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> Now I'm looking for a way to start a X session with temacs, which has
> a working .mdebug section. I'm able to do a temacs -l loadup, which
> will give me a "normal" looking emacs. But I haven't found a way to get
> temacs to create a X session.
>
> Any hints ?

You're doomed.  At least on XEmacs this hasn't worked for a while, and
I guess FSF Emacs isn't in any better shape  in that area.  Fixing the
undumping code  may  be easier.   Too bad I've   not yet been  able to
install linux on  the indy I  use or I  would probably have fixed that
myself for XEmacs.

  OG.