Re: DECStation memory

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECStation memory
From: Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:29:18 -0500
Richard van den Berg wrote:
> > A "Vaxstation 3100" is not a specific model but a whole product line.
>
> So my machine labeled "VAXstation 3100" (owner thought it was a DECstation
> :-( ) could look and thus be completly different than an other VS? (just
> out of curiousity)

Well there's the /m10, /m20, /m30, /m38, /m40, /m76 (this list from
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax/models.html)  I'm not sure if they used
different memory or not - I'm not VAX expert.

To make it even more complicated, there's also the MicroVAX 3100, of
which there are 13 sub-models.  DEC really liked the ring of the number
"3100" I guess.

-Mitch