RE: Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box
From: "Gleb O. Rajko" <rajko@mech.math.msu.su>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:46:28 +0400 (MSD)
Hi Harald,

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> We have the first user process running too :-). Just beeing curious, have you
> used code from DECstation-Linux or have you hacked the R3000 support
> independantly?

I guessed you have it as init, so fork/exec stuff isn't tested yet. Am I
right ? We had a lot of problem with fork/exec and signal delivering and
half of time/efforts we spent during entire port was to fix that stuff.

Independently. Unfortunately, Linux/MIPS FAQ doesn't have any links to
DECstation site. That's why, I had to pick up 2.1.100 from SGI tree
instead of 2.1.99. I am going to replace some our assembler routines by
yours because ours are worse. (We haven't experiences with MIPS
assmebler before.)

Gleb.