DecStation 3100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DecStation 3100
From: "Nick E Cole"<nec10@admin.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:38:12 +0100

Myself and a colleague have been given colour Decstation 3100s. They appear
to be set-up to boot from the network at the moment (i.e. they fail). They
have one internal 100MB disk (rz-something) and no floppy. I'm interested
in getting Linux onto the machine if it's available. In terms of helper
machines, I have only NT/95/OS2 boxes, is it likely that I can install it
using one of these machines ? I'm not a programmer, but have had some
experience of UNIX box fiddling before (Torch TripleX).

Any ideas/help appreciated

Nick Cole