Re: Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box
From: "Gleb O. Rajko" <rajko@mech.math.msu.su>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:31:18 +0400 (MSD)

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Alex deVries wrote:

> Actually, you should have an easier time than you think, because the SGI
> Indy port is big endian already.  If you have a look around
> ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/manhattan or similiar, you should see large
> chunks of RH 5.1 RPMs there.  We even have an installer, although it
> depends on a certain kernel so it won't work yet.

Unfortunately, RPMs can't help me I guess. I've got r3000 so need to
compile from sources. Well. perhaps, not everything but at least glibc
(and port it to r3000, fortunately, we've done it already w/o fpu
support) and several other tools.

I can't find SRPMSes for mips, ftp sites referenced from www.lena.fr
don't contain SRPMSes. If I'll get sources it'll be great. Are there such
a place ?

Gleb.