Re: Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:55:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Gleb O. Rajko wrote:
> The only thing that bothers me is that our box likes big endian (strictky
> spaking the booter in our box recognizes big endian elf) but I things it
> shouldn't be a great problem.

Hey!  Another big endian MIPS architecture!

Actually, you should have an easier time than you think, because the SGI
Indy port is big endian already.  If you have a look around
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/manhattan or similiar, you should see large
chunks of RH 5.1 RPMs there.  We even have an installer, although it
depends on a certain kernel so it won't work yet.

We should _definitely_ get your architecture merged into the install
programs.

Very cool!

- Alex