Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Linux 2.1.100 on MIPS R3000 VME box
From: "Gleb O. Rajko" <rajko@mech.math.msu.su>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:16:44 +0400 (MSD)
Hi Linux Mipsers,

Recently, we (me and my collegue) got linux 2.1.100 working on R3000 VME box.
Now, we are able to run user processes and starting to compile RedHat
packages.

The port isn't completed yet and many things should be rewritten in some
manner but at least the kernel lives. I guess it might be helpful to make
sources available for developers of Linux for DECstation right now, so
they work may have some progress.

The only thing that bothers me is that our box likes big endian (strictky
spaking the booter in our box recognizes big endian elf) but I things it
shouldn't be a great problem.

Well, the way are
1. To put the patch to 2.1.100 on the net
2. Merge some things from DECstation development (so I need the latest
sources) and put the patch on the net
3. Polish the code and then put the patch

Feel free to touch me and tell what is the best way and how we could help.

Regards,
Gleb Raiko.