Re: Linux on MIPS RC3230

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux on MIPS RC3230
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:41:20 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi all,

I'm back, alive and kicking.

On 09-Aug-98 Eric Jorgensen wrote:
> ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 08, 1998 at 10:00:44PM -0700, montgomery f. tidwell wrote:
>>
>> > what is the status of a Linux port to the RC3230?
>> >
>> > other than donating my computer (a RC3230), is there anyway that i can
>> > help?
>>
>> I'm working on it, stay tuned.
>
>     Any chance this will port easily to other r3000 boxes? I have an RC3240
> and RS2030 not doing a damn thing.

You should be able to use the DECstation-Linux source tree as a starting point.
The R3000 support seems to work pretty well, at least the first user process is
running. You may want to have a look at http://decstation.unix-ag.org.

BTW, I have sent the DECstation patches to Ralf as a request for discussion.
Any comments, Ralf?

---
Regards,
Harald