Re: current status of support for MIPS Magnum 4000PC?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: current status of support for MIPS Magnum 4000PC?
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 01:47:40 +0200
Cc: alhaz@xmission.com
On Wed, Aug 05, 1998 at 06:21:04AM -0600, Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>     I have one complete with high-rez frame buffer and sound card. I'm
> wondering if the status of the port is still such that I would need to
> install an ISA IDE controller and ISA network board to use it? Has work
> begun on driver support for the integrated peripherals? Lance ethernet
> and NCR scsi seem like they ought to be fairly simple to implement.

You better use the ISA network card, but you can dump the IDE controller.
I've also written a driver for the onboard ethernet, which is based on
a NatSemi sonic chip (no lance), but it isn't stable under more than
light load. Sound support is still on my todo list. X is up and running
(which isn't a big deal, as the g364 is just a dumb framebuffer).

I've compiled more than half of the RedHat src.rpms and I'm now stuck,
because of egcs/ld/libstdc++ problems. After solving this, there should
be a little endian HardHat (or however it will be called) RSN.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)