current status of support for MIPS Magnum 4000PC?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: current status of support for MIPS Magnum 4000PC?
From: Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 06:21:04 -0600
Sender: alhaz@fnet.fr
    I've been following the Linux/MIPS effort for some time now,
occasionally returning to the web page, and it's unclear how much
I could do with linux on this particular machine.

    I have one complete with high-rez frame buffer and sound card. I'm
wondering if the status of the port is still such that I would need to
install an ISA IDE controller and ISA network board to use it? Has work
begun on driver support for the integrated peripherals? Lance ethernet
and NCR scsi seem like they ought to be fairly simple to implement.

    I'm sorry if I'm off-base here, it's just that I've had the beast
for some time now, and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with
it. I'm not interested in running NT on it.

 - Eric