Re: MIPS Processor?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MIPS Processor?
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:40:52 -0600
In message <35B6005E.E1F0BB90@maxonusa.com> Chris Stumph writes:
: My Phillips Velo 1 has a MIPS processor in it, and 16mb of ram/rom.  It
: has Windows CE 2.0 on it also.  I was wondering if It is possible to run
: Linux/MIPS on this type of handheld?  If not, is it going to be
: supported in the future?

Not currently.  What kind of MIPS processor?  I'm trying to keep track
:-).

I have my eye on a Casseopea E-14 that has 8M RAM 8M ROM and is in the
palm top form factor with a NEC Vr4111 inside.

There are many issues with doing this.  What does it mean to have
Linux/MIPS running on this machine?  Does it mean that you can boot it
instaead of WinCE and never be able to boot CE again?  Dual boot?
etc.  Lots of interesting design issues here...

Warner