Re: Deskstation Tyne Raptop R4600 134mhz system

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Deskstation Tyne Raptop R4600 134mhz system
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 19:02:30 -0600
In message <19980721223002.21060.qmail@hotmail.com> "Aaron Winder" writes:
: Hey hows it going guys, Just thought I'd email ya'll to find out whats
: going on with the Linux port for the mips processors.  I've had one of
: the Deskstation Tyne 4600 units for about 2 years now, and have been
: trying to get NT installed on it, got an updated bios for it and
: everything, goes through part of the NT installation then bails, I don't
: give a hell about NT just thought that Linux didn't have a mips project,
: just found out it did obviously, and thought I'd get in contact with
: ya'll , I have alittle bit of users manual information for the tyne, and
: if there's anyway that I can get an even partially working kernel on it
: I'd love it....let me know whats up...later

The Deskstation support in Linux/MIPS has decayed away....

In order to run Linux, you'll have to update about half a dozen
smallish routines to cope the tyne's oddities.

OpenBSD/arc supports this machine.

Warner