DECstation linux-2.1.100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DECstation linux-2.1.100
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:56:21 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi all,

I have found some time to merge my current DECstation changes with the latest
and greatest Linux/MIPS tree. The patches I have already sent to Michael are
two weeks old and thus obsolete.

Changes:

o changed the default root device to dev/ram when INITRD is configured (saves
typing: boot 3/tftp is enough)

o a few R3000 specific fixes in various memory and exception managment
places, the first user process is running!

o started hacking an *extremely* experimental and non-functional serial device
driver for DECstations with an Zilog Z85C30.

o added a little test program to the ramdisk which tries to write "Hello
World!" to /dev/ttyS0 to help debugging the serial device driver. You will
probably see a lot of debugging output. (The sources and a Makefile are included
in the ramdisk as well. Please have a look into usr/src).

While writing this, I am uploading the new source tree to ftp.unix-ag.org
and I hope, it will appear at the usual place soon.

I will probably be offline for two and a half weeks and wish you successful
hacking. Have fun.
---
Regards,
Harald