Re: DS5000/25 and maybe others i/o base addresses?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000/25 and maybe others i/o base addresses?
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:57:43 +0200 (MET DST)
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> I am not doing work on the System board more on the TC SCSI Controller
> and there i get the infos from TC probing. BTW: Currently i am stuck
> and doing nothing ... hope to meet some hackers to get some help
> and explanation on how things work.

Thanks, me too and hope when Harald is back from holidays we can get
together. Well I am a bit stuck with creating an algorythm retreiving
register contents, with trying I had some nice error messages. :-) I want
to retreive the contents of certain registers of the LANCE, starting with
the hardware address. The on-board stuff is a special TC module concerning
address stuff and a DS5000/xx has enough space reserved for it: 64 Mb
for each slot. The difficulty (I think) is that the on-board 'module'
has several devices. Anyway I find it a nice way to learn programming C.

Regards,

Richard