Re: DS5000/25 and maybe others i/o base addresses?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000/25 and maybe others i/o base addresses?
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@mini.gt.owl.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 01:15:40 +0200
On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 12:20:10PM +0200, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Florian, I'm curious how you handled the base address stuff for the scsi
> driver. Let me explain why:
>
> With compiling declance.c in the kernel I've succeeded, had to do a
> dirty hack in Space.c, don't know why yet, will find out some time
> later. declance.c is derived from sunlance.c because that has a lot
> of generic LANCE code. With adepting for DS's I've started with the
> initialization (after commenting out sparc specific parts of course)
> and am a bit stuck with the base address stuff, for the only thing I
> know that works is NetBSD and the NetBSD code tells me differently then
> the PMAD-AA TURBOchannel Ethernet Module documentation does about the
> Ethernet Module Adresses - the KN02 documentation refers to the Ethernet
> Module specification.
>
> And as far as my DS5000/25 concerns I have only the NetBSD output -
> which I attached at the end - and that shows regretably only relative
> base addresses. In other words any programming documentation about the
> KN02CA system module is very welcome.

I am not doing work on the System board more on the TC SCSI Controller
and there i get the infos from TC probing. BTW: Currently i am stuck
and doing nothing ... hope to meet some hackers to get some help
and explanation on how things work.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@mini.gt.owl.de              +49-5241-470566