Re: ext2fs corruptions and other things ...

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: ext2fs corruptions and other things ...
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 11:00:32 +0200
Cc: Michael Engel <engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 02:34:21AM +0200, ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 12:53:14AM +0200, Michael Engel wrote:
> Quite some time Thomas commited a patch to arch/mips/kernel/irc.c which was
> actually supposed to fix the probing problem, maybe he can comment.

I couldn't even remember, that I did something in that area:-) I've looked
up in CVS, what I did there, and as far as I remeber it fixed autoprobing
for me (my NE2000 gets the interrupt via autoprobing). Maybe it's time
to check whether it still works.

> We actually had more reports about problems with filesystems on /dev/sdx
> on Indys.  There seems to be a clear pattern of a bug, but for now I
> classify that one as lower priority.

I've never got any filesystem corruption on my Olli. And I've crashed it
pretty often, when doing the XF68_FBDev stuff.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)