Re: ext2fs corruptions and other things ...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: ext2fs corruptions and other things ...
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 10:55:46 +0200
On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 10:03:52AM +0200, Michael Engel wrote:
> > Since the release of root-0.01 (little endian) I had to break the binary
> > compatibility in two important points.  These binaries aren't any longer
> > supposed to be really useable.
>
> Are the tarballs from ftp.linux.sgi.com in /pub/mipsel-linux what you
> recommend to use or do you have some better stuff in a secret corner of a
> hard disk ? :-)

look at ftp.linux.sgi.com in /pub/test. There is a newer little endian
root filesystem (root-le-0.02.tar.gz, if memory serves right). It's based
on glibc-2.0.6 and should work for you. I've stripped down this rootfs
down to make it smaller, so you have to install some of the little RPMS,
before it gets usefull.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)