Re: MIPS CPU in palmtop

To: James Douma <jdouma@ivs.com>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, osk@hem.passagen.se
Subject: Re: MIPS CPU in palmtop
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 05:14:51 +0200
On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 12:00:57PM -0700, James Douma wrote:

> The cobalt kernel (running on their qubes) is MIPS-II only.  It should
> be R3000A compatible.

No.  The ISA level has no direct relation to the architecture of the
system control coprocessor and cache architecture.  Those differences are
why the R3000 isn't supported in Cobalt's kernel.

There is currently ongoing work to support the R3000 for sake of the
DECstation port and things are beginning to look pretty well.