Re: Linux for an INDY

To: "''" <>
Subject: Re: Linux for an INDY
From: Alex deVries <>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 22:01:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Ramit Hora wrote:
>       I just got a great deal on an SGI Indy.. I'm very interested if there
> is
> any way I can help beta test or port a version of Linux to this machine, it
> has a R4600PC running at 133MHz. Please let me know if I can be of any
> assistance.

You will have a much easier time than many of the other MIPS ports because
of the SGI/Linux port which targets that exact machine.  Have a look at Alpha 1 of RedHat 5.1 (Manhattan) is located there, and
the first beta will be out this weekend if it kills me.

- Alex

Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet. .