NEC Riscservers

To: "linux-mips@fnet.fr" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: NEC Riscservers
From: Mark Woolston <mwoolston@gte.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:35:12 -0700
Hi-

More info on those Riscservers...

The quad processor unit is an R98 (?)
Main board is a G8RDF.
It has 4 G8RDE processor daughterboards with 100MHz clock oscillators. I
think the processors are either 200 or 250 MHz.  I can't get the chip
numbers off the processors without cutting the cooling fan tiedowns
(wierd design) so I'm not going to do that yet.

I have 2 or 3 dual processor board sets, one of which is:
A G8MZR motherboard,
with 2 G8MZU daughterboards, each with VR4400MC processors,
a G8MZS multifunction card (i/o, video, fast scsi2)
and an AF1500 hotswap scsi2 backplane (8 slots)

Again, I am making some of these available to someone local to
Massachusetts, USA (sorry, you far away guys :(  )
who can use them to further develop a Linux MIPS port.  What I want in
exchange is a local contact who can help me out with learning Linux and
adapting it to real time embedded use.

Thanks,
Mark