Re: mozilla on the Indy

To: Mike Shaver <shaver@netscape.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: mozilla on the Indy
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 02:31:22 +0200
On Wed, Jul 01, 1998 at 10:15:23AM -0400, Mike Shaver wrote:

> I'm also taking donations of gdb.

Look what I've found on my harddisk, I think you must be talking about
this?

Current directory is /home/ralf
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "mips-unknown-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x40092c: file c.c, line 5.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /ext/gdb-mips/c
Cannot insert breakpoint -2:
Temporarily disabling shared library breakpoints:
-2

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x0 in ?? () from /lib/ld.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0 in ?? () from /lib/ld.so.1
#1  0x400924 in main () at c.c:4
(gdb)

A patch against the vanilla FSF gdb is appended.  Use it, test it, tell
me what's broken in it.  You'll also need to apply a patch to the
kernel include file <asm/ptrace.h>, it's also appended.  When testing
think of it, it's crude first cut.  Don't expect things to work to
well.

(Somebody interested in bringing the remote kernel debugging support
upto speed again?)